Monday, June 1, 2009

What a Week!!

OMG It has been a huge week.... crazy stuff has happened...

So what has happened?? Hmm...

1. I have found out that the Hodgkins Lymphoma has returned :(
2. I have been in hospital for the past few days to have biopsy
3. the biopsy was supposed to happen on Thursday at 1300, but did not have it until 1930.
4. I was STARVING & SO THRISTY leading up to the biopsy as I had not eaten since 0500 that morning. I also had a "No talking about Food or Drink" rule in my room that day.
5. The biopsy turned out to be MUCH larger than expected. I have 2 scars frm it.. one about 10cm long, and one a few cm long with stiches.... more below
6. The results have come back and it is deffinatly Hodgkins Lymphoma again, so at least that is a good thing...
7. I have had many lovely visitors :) So thank you all who visited.
8. I have discovered that Morphine, is amazing stuff.. sry to those I texted while high...
9. I have had to give up organising the Melbourne Good Food and Wine Show - for KADAC. I miss it, and I miss seeing everyone at work
10. I am home now :)

SO what is happening to me now??
Well the biopsy I was supposed to have was going to be in my neck, but the Lymph nodes in my neck were not large enough for a proper biopsy. Therefore my Surgeon, and my Heamotologist decided that they should biopsy directly frm the main tumour in my chest. This was cause for a major operation. As they removed 2.5 cm of my tumour, as well as inserted a device called a 'window' to stop fluid developing around my heart. As I did not go into theatre unil 1930 Thursday evening, I did not return to my hospital room from recovery until 2330.
All day Friday I was in and out of consciousness with the Morphine, which I was on for the pain. Saturday, I was at least alert enough to see visitors, besides family, and also able to get onto my computer. On Sunday I had my tubes removed, and I had to get stiches in the place where the tubes were. So atm I am in a bit of pain with the stiches & the cut frm the biopsy.

Since my biposy was a major ordeal, my Haemotologist has decided that I will need to recover properally before starting my new Chemo treatment, to avoid getting an infection. Therefore my treatment will not start until Thursday 11th June.
On Thusday morning I will have to be re-admitted into hospital for my PICC line to be re-inserted, and then I will be in the 2 Central, Oncology Ward of Cabrini Hospital in the arvo for Chemo.

In terms of Uni, I will have to defer Semester 2 (trimester 2 for Deakins), and when it comes to March 2010, I will have to see how much I have recoverd from the treatments I am going to go through, as there is a much longer recovery time as it is a much stronger and aggressive treatment. I have spoken to my lecturer for the subject I am currently doing, and if I hand in all assignements that I have completed so far, and so another little bit of work for her she is going to pass me. This is awesome, as it means I will not have to repeat the subject :)

My Treatment Schedule Now:
- minimum of 2 months of Chemo, which is 3-4 consecutive days in hospital recieveing intraveneous Chemo that whole time
- then Scans (PET/CT/X-ray)
- providing my scans say that I am in remission, I will then start procedure to collect Stem Cells
- if not in remission, more Chemo
- Collection of Stem Cells means more hospital, where I will be hooked up to a blood transfusion macheine for a couple of hours per day, for a couple of days. This means that My Own Stem cells will be collected for use later on
- Stem Cell Trasplant will happen a couple of months after the cultivation of the stem cells. I will have to be in hospital for 4 weeks minimum, basically inisolation so that I do not contract any illnesses. The Stem Cell Trasplant involves Chemo for 7 straight days, this will wipe my immune system & kill all cancer cells, as well as my bone marrow, and then on the 8th day they will re-inject my frozen stem cells. Then over the time I am recovering in hospital the stem cells will re-create my immune system, and bone marrow. Providing that all goes well, a couple months after the trasplant I will have to have Radiation Therapy, for a minimum for 5 weeks, which is every day....

So, I am going to have alot to deal with over the next months, and I would really like to have no other dramas to deal with like I did last time when I was going through Chemo. It is ME TIME now, and I seriously mean that. I am happy to help people with theor own dilemas but I am no longer putting up with some peoples SHIT... you know who you are.

Until Next time (lets hope I have good news to share then)...
Eat Chocolate.. I know I will with the amount I was given in hospital! I would feed a family for a week with it all!

~Amelia Fuller xox

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me your not serious??? awwwwww cuz thats terrible news!!!!!!! I know we only met each other for the first time at xmas but i feel like wea quite close lol you and me are family we're cousins and i love you sooooooooooo much you helped me get through alot of shit at the start of this year and i just want to say thank you bsoooooo much. I wish so hard that i was there with you .... i really do. but i want you to know that even though im in New Zealand i am and always will support you and if there is anything absolutly anything (wether you want chocolate or just a heart to heart chat) i can do i'll do it in a heart beat no questions asked. All you need to do is give me a yell and i'll be on the next flight over. just know that im your cousin who loves you very much and will do anything for you!!!!!

    Love always,
    Ally xoxoxxoxo
    (p.s my cell is +613 273343434 (i think the starts right) and home is 613 (ithink)8355619 give me a buzz anytime or a txt love ya cuz!)

    ReplyDelete